I confess, I was nominated for awards, twice, during my “I’m on sabbatical” period in early June. AND, I managed to somehow move the nomination emails from my Inbox to Lost-In-Cyberspace, instead of “AToDo” folder – or at least that’s what I think happened..
If you were the blessed soul who nominated me for this award, please, please shoot me …. no, I mean, send me a comment or email so I can get a link to your awesomeness posted here.
UPDATE! – I found the nomination link! Right on my own ‘About Me” page – DUH!
Thanks ever so much to newbloggycat for nominating me! I just recently started following and am overjoyed with the daily jokes, quips and quotes to be found here. If you’re looking for pick-me-ups and belly laughs to intersperse throughout your day as a break from those of us who simply can’t post anything without breaking the 2,000 word mark – this is where you should be!
As for the Rules for Liebster:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions
- Nominate 11 deserving blogs with less than 200 followers and ask them 11 questions.
I love this! A chance to show some support for those blogs I follow that are just getting up and running with their readership!
11 Random Facts about myself:
I truly, truly am not as awful as the fact of losing a nomination may indicate – – I think….
I have calico hair – medium brown in winter, light brown in summer and glints of red and gold in the sunlight.
My junior high nemesis used to call me “Tam-Bra” to make fun of the fact that I was such a stick, I didn’t even need one till high school.
I started working for neighbors when I was 11 – and for companies by age 13. I’ve worked so many full-time, part-time & temp gigs over the years that whenever I’m required to list everywhere I’ve worked, all skill sets/certifications and my age for any job that requires background checks and clearances, the polygraph technician always believes me to be lying. Haven’t failed one yet – and some, I even go to coffee with after – I’m a treasure chest full of war stories…
I believe storytelling to be our greatest gift and most cherished resource.
I believe telling ourselves and others stories that aren’t in our best interests to be the bane of our existence.
I try to be an Optimistic Realist – – some days I fail and come across as a Cynic.
One lifetime can never, ever be enough – so I’m trying to pack in as much as I can, just in case the reincarnationists are wrong.
I believe my two greatest gifts to the world are my sons.
I miss the long history discussions I used to have with my Dad.
I’m a Colorado native – tried moving elsewhere a few times, but never lasted more than a few months. I love it here.
Answer 11 questions from the nominator
Please, please – whoever gave me the blessing that I let fall through the cracks – ask away – I promise to answer!
Update! Found it!
Here’s the questions:
1. Who is the most important person in your life?
2. Three must-haves on a desert island.
Food, Water & Shelter
3. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
Sam Elliott/Sandra Bullock
4. What’s your most over-used phrase?
Fantabulous and Be Aware of your Surroundings
5. Did you have an imaginary friend?
No – but I have a whole brain committee to debate with whenever I want.
6. If your life has a theme song, what would it be?
“You Can’t Stop Love”
7. What’s your favourite sport?
Viewing – Ice Skating and any Equestrian sport. Engaging In – Volleyball and Racing.
8. If you could be anyone for one day, who would it be and why?
My dog – so I know if I’m doing a good job of being a pet owner or not.
9. What is your most embarrassing moment?
When I reminded a trooper over the air that the computer was down, but I would run clearances when I could – what came out was: “It’s still down, but when I get it up, I’ll give it to you.”
10. Please complete this sentence: “…………..makes me laugh.”
People, including myself, make me laugh
11. Coffee or tea?
Show some love for other bloggers:
There are a couple here who didn’t have their follower stats showing, but due to comment/likes numbers and number of posts, I decided I would be safe in adding them to the ‘under 200 followers’ list. There are some here who are very, very close to 200 – So c’mon community! Let’s shower them with views!
I’m not rescinding the nomination, just because I figured out who nominated me!
And here’s my 11 questions for you:
- What do you like best about the WordPress community?
- Devil’s or Angel Food Cake?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Beer, Wine or None of the Above?
- What helps to keep your creative spark ignited?
- Did you set out to blog professionally or just for fun?
- First paying job?
- Favorite teacher from school or school-of-Life?
- What are your hopes for your blog?
- Your three best characteristics
- What you depend on your community for
Enjoy getting to know one another!
There is one on the list who has way more followers than my reader stats indicated when I picked the nominees and another who jumped over the 200 mark – But I’m not rescinding the nominations – just wanted to let you know…