Before illness, death and disenchantment swept through my family with the ruthlessness of the grim reaper, I hosted and prepared Thanksgiving meals for a clan – we would hold hands, give thanks and one by one, around the table, we would each say what we were thankful for.
That tradition has fallen off these past few years and I missed it today – so, I’m going to hold virtual hands with you and say what I’m thankful for:
- I’m thankful I’m still alive and able to be here for my son.
- I’m blessed by the friends and family I have.
- I have face-to-face and virtual friends that never fail to celebrate my joys with me and who, through support and encouragement, halve my burdens for me.
- I am never thirsty or hungry.
- I’m safe, warm and protected from Mother Nature’s awesome power.
- I’m once more in the land of being a “Producer” in positions that net financial compensation.
Thanks for listening – I sincerely hope this Thanksgiving, you, too, have much to be thankful for. And if you don’t, I hope it gets real better, real soon.
Best Wishes –