Ya know, I picked out my blog tagline oh-so-long-ago – – and funny, how I just keep livin’ up to it – and thought, the recent months and a ‘drop-in to say hi’ to my bloggy pals was the perfect opportunity to use the title, yet again….
- I have girl clothes purchased, nails properly painted, hair products/implements to curl said hair (my mom loves it curled…), professional Fixing of bangs I’ve cut myself for… a year? two? When was the last time? Surely not that long ago… I should be able to show up to graduation/retirement festivities without embarrassing anyone…
- Food/Drink, decorations and plan for party – organized, packed and ready to go – as long as I don’t spill coffee or black cherry lemonade on my white pants while setting up, I should be able to carry the party off without too much shenanigans –
- Spring has come into full bloom here and each day as I venture outdoors to run here, there or yonder for a heavy week of ‘going/doing’, I am reminded and blessed by the calm serenity and beauty of things engaged in ‘being’:
Okay, so surely, SURELY, you are impressed with the bounty of existing wild stock that I have simply preserved/protected, right? Well….Here’s how out of control things have gotten here…I’m so behind on outdoor/indoor projects that my arse is in front of me – 🙂
Seriously – – who the heck lives this way? and keeps their sanity? REALLY? Enquiring minds would like to know… Cuz I gave up on saving my mind about a month ago….
- Drove close friends/family crazy when the soon-to-graduate-son’s spring allergies turned into cold, turned into viral bronchitis – – Fortunately, the family doctor said, “Quit Freaking out about bacterial meningitis – He is okay – calm down – It will be okay – OK?”
- Managed to mess up my knee AND catch the tail-wind of the viral bronchitis sweeping through the neighborhood – whether I actually show up with make-up on and hair curled to the weekend of festivities, is up for debate, just now…Seriously! Do You Know How much time/energy you have to spend on that stuff?!? OK…maybe You Don’t – but lawd luv a lemon, I do…with dismal results…. 🙂
- DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH GIRLY CLOTHES COST!?! EVEN ON SALE? WITH COUPON?!? OMG! I Could Have Bought enough spray/non-toxic insulation to snag the machine to install for discount for that!! (Not sure, really, still researching options…BUT it FEELS like I spent homestead/betterment for the world money on gew-gaws…. (Ahh.. well… my mom, with a big smile on her face, said, “Oh, Honey! You have to get that one!” (part of the ‘haul of girl’s clothes, make-up, jewelry, etc., was financed as Mother’s Day present by Mom who hopes I don’t show up to festivities with hair in braid, hand-me down hiking boots (from son who outgrew ’em) and men’s sized workshirt that was 50 cents, on sale…..)
- Funny – couldn’t find clip-on earrings, anywhere – (alas, so long since playing dress-up, I no longer have pierced ears… they have returned to their natural state – and figure I will gain some points with Mother Nature for gardening activities, if I leave well enough alone…) ahh well… I bought some on-sale rings to adorn the hands that are cut-up/scraped/scarred – – HEY! It’s a compromise!
Yes, what a crazy spring of celebrations, expectations, fears, old wounds, preparations to meet fears, sending off, staying close to spirit-home…
But at the end of the day (month, quarter, year….)
Ain’t my rhubarb, flourishing poppies and irises purdy? 🙂 The rest will get taken care of when need be….And, afterall – I HAVE a PLUG-IN in my BATHROOM NOW!
And the child I love so much… The mom who gave me life and wisdom, are going to move from one phase of Life Adventure to a New One – The least I can do is to show up to bid them “Blessed Journey” with all my might – the weeding, cleaning, organizing, fixing can wait for later –
For Now and Always – They Are What Counts! 🙂